Here is a simple and luxurious autumn skincare routine recommended by Karen Canning from Lis Spa, using some of her favourite Matis Paris products.
Cleanse, Treat & Tone
- Cleanse with Matis Reponse Purete Purifying Gel: This gel cleanser removes impurities and excess oil while preserving the skin’s natural moisture balance. A new formula to cleanse and purify the skin every day, which remove impurities and dead cells, deep-cleanse and tighten pores but also regulates sebum production.
To use a gel cleanser, start by wetting your face with warm water. Then apply a small amount of the gel cleanser to your fingertips and gently massage it onto your face in circular motions for about 30 seconds. Be sure to avoid the eye area. Rinse your face thoroughly with warm water and pat dry with a clean towel. Use the gel cleanser twice a day for best results.
- Treat with Matis Authentik Fondamentale Mask: This mask nourishes and hydrates the skin.
A double layer mask treatment consisting of a nourishing cream phase topped by a hydrating gel phase. The extraordinary marriage of two opposing galenic formulas blending their benefits for the skin’s ultimate hydration, softness, and suppleness.
Use 1/2 times per week after exfoliation.
- Tone with Matis Sensi-Essence. This alcohol-free toner soothes and hydrates. Its lightweight texture removes every last trace of make-up. Its formula contains soothing linden floral water and saffron flower to strengthen the cutaneous barrier and relieve feelings of discomfort. The skin will feel refreshed with all traces of make-up removed.
Using an alcohol-free toner on your skin is best because it is gentler on the skin. Alcohol can strip the skin of its natural oils, which can lead to dryness, irritation, and even more oil production. Help to balance the skin’s pH level and remove any remaining impurities, with a gentle toner, without causing damage or irritation.
Moisturise & Protect
- Moisturise with Matis Authentik Beauty (Fundamental Beautifying Cream): An iconic MATIS product, with its enveloping texture, it is a great all-rounder for almost any skin type. It helps to repair, stimulate, moisturise and protect skin undergoing the stress of daily living and seasonal changes.
Using a moisturiser that contains hyaluronic acid can help to keep your skin feeling hydrated without being heavy or greasy.
- Protect with Matis Reponse Soleil Sun Protection Cream: This SPF 50+ cream protects the skin from harmful UV rays and premature ageing. Réponse Soleil Sun Protection.
This stellar SPF contains UVA & UVB filters, Antileukine 6® to help protect cellular DNA and limit the impact of free radicals from UV radiation and best of all it smells like summer, to keep you in the sunny mode, even if the clouds are a little greyer!
Using SPF (Sun Protection Factor) in colder weather is essential! Even though the weather may be cooler, the sun’s harmful UV rays are still present and can damage your skin. A quality SPF can help protect your skin from sunburn, premature ageing, and even skin cancer. So, include SPF in your daily skincare routine year round!
- Testing out new products
If you are confident that you know your skin type and would like to try new products, remember to do a patch test before incorporating them into your routine!
To keep your skin looking and feeling its best throughout the year and changing seasons, remember to update your skincare routine according to your today’s needs, not last summer’s!
Although we love and recommend these amazing products, it is import to consider your skin type before purchasing or using any product. Karen Canning is only a call away if you would like to book a skin consultation to discuss your specific needs!
About – Lis Spa by Karen Canning graduated from Isa Carstens in 1992. She began establishing her name in the South African beauty industry while working in Professional Beauty Salons as a therapist for 5 years. During which time, she developed a comprehensive knowledge and passion for the industry. This helped tremendously in inspiring Karen to open her own salon, and Lis Spa by Karen Canning was born.
Located in the serene surroundings of Newlands, Karen’s Cape Town beauty spa offers bespoke beauty therapy treatments and professional, personal services for her loyal and valued clientele. Karen holds diplomas from CIDESCO, British Confederation and SAIBITh.